Business Analyst at Belvedere Trading
Belvedere Trading is looking for team-players who express interest in the financial and technology markets to join Team Belvedere as Business Analysts. At Belvedere Trading, the Business Analyst is responsible for working directly with traders and software developers to invent and improve our proprietary software. After ideas and enhancements are clearly identified, the Business Analyst defines the requirements of the project, prioritizes an effective workflow, and assigns the project to the correct development team. Business Analysts are involved with every project from inception to completion by communicating daily with the software development team to ensure that each project is effectively deployed to the traders. Successful candidates are detail-oriented, organized, and able to communicate efficiently with all levels of the organization; they must display a high aptitude for and interest in problem solving! Being a team player is a must; Business Analysts excel in an entrepreneurial and highly collaborative environment.
What our Business Analysts do:
- Partner with traders to identify and document trading application issues and improvements
- Prioritize projects and workflow for software development teams- organization is key!
- Communicate effectively with all roles, ranging from developers and traders all the way to business owners
- Work directly with the Quality Assurance team to build applicable tests for each new feature.
- Ensure each company-wide software launch is successful by properly assigning tests to traders
- Disseminate information on and communicate each new feature launch to the appropriate traders
- Act as the first point of contact for the traders after features are deployed
- Continuously liaise with traders and the tech team to promote the business value of proprietary software
Key qualities in great candidates:
- Undergraduate Computer Science, CIS, Business, Engineering Degree, or Relevant Experience
- Self-starter and proactive problem solver
- Thrives with minimal direction to create effective business solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn and use new technologies
- Experience working in the financial industry is a plus!
- Graduation date of December 2017 or May/June 2018 (start date of summer 2018)
Who we are:
Founded in 2002, Belvedere Trading is a leading proprietary trading firm that specializes in equity index and commodity derivatives. Belvedere Trading's employees act as market makers, ensuring liquidity by laying two-sided markets to help provide an orderly market place for the products we trade. We trade electronically from our headquarters in downtown Chicago and have traders on the floors of multiple exchanges. Our technology and trading experts collaborate to develop and continually enhance Belvedere's high-performance, low-latency proprietary technology. Belvedere is always looking for the best, brightest, and most motivated talent to help us in our continued success.
What we offer:
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads by Simplicity, Belvedere Trading places a great emphasis on an employees' overall well-being. We offer a casual work environment that promotes innovation and creativity. Our employees' health is important, so we provide full benefits and a robust wellness program including: in-office yoga, health seminars, and discounted gym memberships. Belvedere also recognizes the positive effects of a strong work-life balance by having an unlimited, paid time off policy. Most importantly, Team Belvedere likes to have fun, both inside and outside the office walls!
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
- All candidates must have GPA listed on their resumes