|Title:||Trader Trainee Intern (Summer 2019)|
Trader Trainee Intern at Belvedere Trading
Belvedere Trading is looking for competitive and highly motivated individuals who are interested in gaining exposure to the financial markets through a hands-on training and rotational program as a Trader Trainee Intern. Our unique program enables Trader Trainee Interns to identify and capitalize on derivative arbitrage opportunities by utilizing Belvedere’s proprietary trading and risk management strategies through leveraging our cutting edge, low latency trading technology. Successful candidates will possess strong quantitative and communication skills and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
What our Trader Trainee Interns do
Our Trader Trainee Interns are assigned to specific product desks where they work alongside experienced traders and managing partners. The goal of our Trader Trainee Intern program is to immerse new hires in an environment that is conducive to the development of critical communication and decision-making skills necessary to grow into a successful trader.
More specifically, our Trader Trainee Interns
- Engage in continuous, hands-on training that includes education on option valuation, game theory, hedging, portfolio analysis, and simulated trading games
- Assist with order execution, position management, desk strategy meetings, trade checking and trade reconciliations
- Rotate between product groups to gain a broad perspective of the marketplace – always learning something new!
Key qualities in great candidates
- Effective communication skills and a team-oriented attitude
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated participation in strategic competitive activities
- Knowledge of the financial markets and trading industry is a plus!
- Graduation date of December 2019 or May/June 2020 (internship start date of early summer 2019)
- All internships span 10 weeks over the summer
- Regular on-site attendance is an essential function of this position
Who we are
Belvedere Trading is its core values:
- We strive for excellence as a team and individually (Team Belvedere) and expect merit based responsibilities and compensation (Me in Team)
- We value innovation delivered incrementally (Iterative Innovation) and expect all to act like owners (Own it)
- We communicate passionately and with compassion to reach the best solutions (Passionate Discourse)
These values help guide us as a firm and as individuals. We are excited to bring those who have similar beliefs to join our family.
What we offer
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads by Simplicity, Belvedere Trading places a great emphasis on an employee’s overall well-being. We offer a casual work environment that promotes innovation and creativity. Our employees’ health is important, so we provide full benefits and a robust wellness program including: in-office yoga, health seminars, and discounted gym memberships. Belvedere also recognizes the positive effects of a strong work-life balance by having an unlimited, paid time off policy. Most importantly, Team Belvedere likes to have fun, both inside and outside the office walls!
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
- All candidates must have GPA listed on their resumes
- It is recommended that candidates apply to only one of our 2019 Internship Roles: Trader Trainee Intern, Hybrid Trader Trainee Intern, Software Engineer Intern, Product Analyst Intern, or FPGA Developer Intern
- Please apply for the role that most interests you and best fits your skill-set. If we believe you are better suited for a different role at Belvedere Trading, we will let you know during the interview process.