|Title:||Trader Trainee Intern (Summer 2018)|
Trader Trainee Intern at Belvedere Trading
Belvedere Trading is looking for competitive and highly motivated individuals who are interested in gaining exposure to the financial markets through a hands-on training and rotational program as a Trader Trainee Intern. Our unique program enables Trader Trainee Interns to identify and capitalize on derivative arbitrage opportunities by utilizing Belvedere's proprietary trading and risk management strategies through leveraging our cutting edge, low latency trading technology. Successful candidates will possess strong quantitative and communication skills and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
What our Trader Trainee Interns do:
Our Trader Trainee Interns are assigned to specific product desks where they work alongside experienced traders and managing partners. The goal of our Trader Trainee Intern program is to immerse new hires in an environment that is conducive to the development of critical communication and decision-making skills necessary to grow into a successful trader.
More specifically, our Trader Trainee Interns:
- Engage in continuous, hands-on training that includes education on option valuation, game theory, hedging, portfolio analysis, and simulated trading games
- Assist with order execution, position management, desk strategy meetings, trade checking and trade reconciliations
- Rotate between product groups to gain a broad perspective of the marketplace- always learning something new!
Key qualities in great candidates:
- Effective communication skills and a team-oriented attitude
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated participation in strategic competitive activities
- Knowledge of the financial markets and trading industry is a plus!
- Graduation date of December 2018 or May/June 2019 (internship start date of early summer 2018)
Who we are:
Founded in 2002, Belvedere Trading is a leading proprietary trading firm that specializes in equity index and commodity derivatives. Belvedere Trading's employees act as market makers, ensuring liquidity by laying two-sided markets to help provide an orderly market place for the products we trade. We trade electronically from our headquarters in downtown Chicago and have traders on the floors of multiple exchanges. Our technology and trading experts collaborate to develop and continually enhance Belvedere's high-performance, low-latency proprietary technology. Belvedere is always looking for the best, brightest, and most motivated talent to help us in our continued success.
What we offer:
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads by Simplicity, Belvedere Trading places a great emphasis on an employee's overall well-being. We offer a casual work environment that promotes innovation and creativity. Our employees' health is important, so we provide full benefits and a robust wellness program including: in-office yoga, health seminars, and discounted gym memberships. Belvedere also recognizes the positive effects of a strong work-life balance by having an unlimited, paid time off policy. Most importantly, Team Belvedere likes to have fun, both inside and outside the office walls!
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
- All candidates must have GPA listed on their resumes
- It is recommended that candidates apply to only one of our 2018 Internship Roles: Trader Trainee Intern, Hybrid Trader Trainee Intern, Software Engineer Intern, or Business Analyst Intern. Please apply for the role that most interests you and best fits your skill-set. If we believe you are better suited for a different role at Belvedere Trading, we will let you know during the interview process.