|Title:||Trader Trainee-Summer Internship|
Trader Trainee-Summer Internship
*No visa sponsorship is available for this position
*All college students’ GPA must be on resume for consideration
*Must be graduating in 2013
Belvedere Trading is seeking qualified individuals for the paid position of Trader Trainee—Summer Internship. This position will provide a great opportunity to learn option theory, market making and the business of options management and trading. We feel the greatest way for individuals to get the best experience is through immersion, experience and training. Our 10-14 program is an extended job interview, as we view our interns as potential full time hires. Those individuals that contribute to the company, learn the importance of intensity and show a strong desire to work in the trading industry are the types of individuals Belvedere Trading employs.
- Continuous hands-on training, similar to that of a permanent Trader Trainee. Training includes education in interest rate options, option valuation, hedging, portfolio analysis, and mock trading.
- Position management, trade checking, order execution, and trade reconciliation.
- Assisting electronic traders and floor traders.
- Working alongside all levels of Senior Traders, Trader Trainees and Managing Partners.
- Possess and demonstrate strong quantitative skills.
- Enjoy working in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Communicate effectively and work well in a team environment.
- Demonstrate participation in competitive activities along with strategic game playing.
- No prior knowledge of financial markets is necessary, but students should be very interested in learning about proprietary trading.
- MUST still be enrolled in an undergraduate degree program, preferably graduating in 2013.
At Belvedere Trading, we encourage all employees to play an integral part in the creative process. Furthermore, we strive to achieve both a sense of accomplishment and successful technical implementations by utilizing our human and electronic resources. As a part of our team, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the best minds in the industry, as well as to be a key player in the company's success.