|Title:||Options Volatility Quantitative Analyst|
Options Volatility Quantitative Analyst
Belvedere Trading, a proprietary trading firm located in the Chicago Loop, is looking for innovative individuals to join our quantitative research analyst group. Team Belvedere is committed to developing the sophisticated systems and the analytical tools necessary to price option and automate trading strategies on a high frequency/low latency trading platform. As part of the team, you will use quantitative models to engage in economic analysis and employ large data sets to assess the trading markets. This individual would also develop, validate and implement these strategies by applying econometrics, statistics and stochastic modeling techniques to the financial data.
What our Options Volatility Quantitative Analysts do:
- Responsible for option modeling for multiple products such as indices, commodities and equities
- Design and develop statistical models of financial data to devise and back test trading strategies
- Run tactical tests for traders and massive grid computing
- Use stochastic methods, correlated mathematics and statistics
- Understand and work on issues ranging from methodology and technology questions, to new functionality, features and enhancement requests to present and futures business needs and requirements
- Research and interpret academic literature on related finance and accounting subjects
- Generate ideas for quantitative equity strategies related to stock market effects, financial statements, market microstructure, and other subtle marketplace changes
- Develop, validate, and implement these strategies by applying econometrics, statistics and stochastic modeling techniques to the financial data
Whom we are looking for:
- 1-3 years of experience developing algorithms in Python or C# or C++
- PHD or Master’s level degree in Financial Mathematics/Computational Finance/Mathematics preferred
- Demonstrated experience analyzing large statistical data sets
- Experience with options modeling
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Confident team player motivated by a fast paced environment
- Graduation Date of December 2017 (with start date in early 2018)
- Extra Credit: experience working on a listed equity/index options trading desk
Who we are:
Founded in 2002, Belvedere Trading is a leading proprietary trading firm that specializes in equity index and commodity derivatives. Belvedere Trading’s employees act as market makers, ensuring liquidity by laying two-sided markets to help provide an orderly market place for the products we trade. We trade electronically from our headquarters in downtown Chicago and have traders on the floors of multiple exchanges. Our technology and trading experts collaborate to develop and continually enhance Belvedere’s high-performance, low-latency proprietary technology. Belvedere is always looking for the best, brightest, and most motivated talent to help us in our continued success.
What we offer:
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads by Simplicity, Belvedere Trading places a great emphasis on an employees’ overall well-being. We offer a casual work environment that promotes innovation and creativity. Our employees’ health is important, so we provide full benefits and a robust wellness program including: in-office yoga, health seminars, and discounted gym memberships. Belvedere also recognizes the positive effects of a strong work-life balance by having an unlimited, paid time off policy. Most importantly, Team Belvedere likes to have fun, both inside and outside the office walls!
- All candidates must have GPA listed on their resumes
- It is recommended that candidates apply to only one of our Full-Time Roles. Please apply for the role that most interests you and best fits your skill-set. If we believe you are better suited for a different role at Belvedere Trading, we will let you know!