|Title:||Trading System Support Analyst|
Belvedere Trading is seeking a Trading System Support Analyst with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related disciplines. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is eager to progress, has sound technical knowledge, and has exceptional communication skills. This position will provide an opportunity to learn Belvedere’s proprietary technology environment and trading operations in a challenging and fast-paced environment. The right candidate will have strong proficiency in troubleshooting, communication, and information gathering skills to help aid peers and development in resolving complex issues.
What you’ll do
- Provide first-rate support for traders by resolving issues in a timely manner, answering questions, relaying feature requests, and providing the best possible trading experience.
- Handle a wide variety of immediate trading system issues with a sense of urgency.
- Troubleshoot complex trading system-related issues, enter issues into ticketing system, and build knowledge base to capture workarounds and to help with future troubleshooting.
- Work to reduce recurring issues and improve stability of the trading system by automating manual tasks, monitoring system components, and mining data in system logs.
- Collect data, identify patterns, and correlate problems to identify the root cause of issues.
- Suggest and implement process improvements to reduce the time to resolve issues.
- Leverage existing tools and build new tools to identify potential problems before they become realized.
What you’ll have
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- 1-3 years of proven internship or work experience in electronic trading, finance, or related field (May/June 2019 Graduates are welcome to apply).
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Comfortable working in an intense environment with the ability to balance multiple tasks at the same time.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Solid SQL and relational database experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience using PowerShell, Python, or other scripting language.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals.
- The drive and desire to go above and beyond what is explicitly asked.
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting.
- Willingness to be on call or to cover other shifts on the occasion.
- Extra Credit: experience with supporting and troubleshooting third party software and proprietary trading systems.
Who we are
Belvedere Trading is its core values:
- We strive for excellence as a team and individually (Team Belvedere) and expect merit based responsibilities and compensation (Me in Team).
- We value innovation delivered incrementally (Iterative Innovation) and expect all to act like owners (Own it).
- We communicate passionately and with compassion to reach the best solutions (Passionate Discourse).
These values help guide us as a firm and as individuals. We are excited to bring those who have similar beliefs to join our family.
How we started
Founded in 2002, Belvedere Trading is a leading proprietary trading firm that specializes in equity index and commodity derivatives. Belvedere Trading’s employees act as market makers, ensuring liquidity by laying two-sided markets to help provide an orderly market place for the products we trade. We trade electronically from our headquarters in downtown Chicago and have traders on the floors of multiple exchanges. Our technology and trading experts collaborate to develop and continually enhance Belvedere’s high-performance, low-latency proprietary technology. Belvedere is always looking for the best, brightest, and most motivated talent to help us in our continued success.
What we offer
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads by Simplicity, Belvedere Trading places a great emphasis on an employees’ overall well-being. We offer a casual work environment that promotes innovation and creativity. Our employees’ health is important, so we provide full benefits and a robust wellness program including: in-office yoga, health seminars, and discounted gym memberships. Belvedere also recognizes the positive effects of a strong work-life balance by having an unlimited, paid time off policy. Most importantly, Team Belvedere likes to have fun, both inside and outside the office walls!
Sponsorship is not available for this position
Local candidates only
No third-party recruiters