Extern at Belvedere Trading
Belvedere Trading is looking for undergraduate students who are interested in participating in our one-day Externship Program during Spring 2019.
At Belvedere Trading, our externs gain insight into our trading and technology departments through a unique, one-day, job shadowing opportunity. An extern will learn more about the firm and our job roles including our Trader Trainee, Hybrid Trader Trainee, Software Engineer, and Product Analyst positions.
What you’ll do
- Learn about options market making in a Belvedere Trading University (BTU)-style lesson
- Interact with and learn about four of our core job functions (Trader Trainee, Hybrid Trader Trainee, Software Engineer, and Product Analyst)
- Rotate between different commodity and equity products to gain insight into the different products we trade
- Shadow a Product Analyst to see how they work directly with our Traders and Software Developers to invent and improve our proprietary software
- Witness the teamwork and open communication between the trading and technology departments which contribute to our unique company culture
What you’ll need
- Desire to learn more about the trading and technology industry
- Effective communication skills and a team-oriented attitude
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- Interest in an internship or full-time position in the future with Belvedere Trading!
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program with an expected graduation date of 2021 or 2022
Who we are
Belvedere Trading is its core values:
- We strive for excellence as a team and individually (Team Belvedere) and expect merit based responsibilities and compensation (Me in Team)
- We value innovation delivered incrementally (Iterative Innovation) and expect all to act like owners (Own it)
- We communicate passionately and with compassion to reach the best solutions (Passionate Discourse)
These values help guide us as a firm and as individuals. We are excited to bring those who have similar beliefs to join our family.
What we offer
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads by Simplicity, Belvedere Trading places a great emphasis on an employee’s overall well-being. We offer a casual work environment that promotes innovation and creativity. Our employees’ health is important, so we provide full benefits and a robust wellness program including: in-office yoga, health seminars, and discounted gym memberships. Belvedere also recognizes the positive effects of a strong work-life balance by having an unlimited, paid time off policy. Most importantly, Team Belvedere likes to have fun, both inside and outside the office walls!
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
- Externs must be willing to cover all transportation costs to and from the Belvedere Trading Office
- All Externs must have GPA listed on their resumes
- Externs will be contacted in February about Externship dates