|Title:||Business Analyst Intern (Summer 2018)|
Business Analyst Intern at Belvedere Trading
The Business Analyst Intern will have the opportunity to work directly with traders and software developers to learn how we innovate and improve our proprietary software. After ideas and enhancements are clearly identified, the Business Analyst Intern will help define the requirements of the project, prioritize an effective workflow, and assign the project to the correct development team. Over the course of 10 weeks, Business Analyst Interns will be involved project from inception to completion by communicating daily with the software development team to ensure that each project is effectively deployed to the traders. Successful candidates are detail-oriented, organized, and able to communicate efficiently with all levels of the organization; they must display a high aptitude for and interest in problem solving and have excellent time management/multitasking skills. The Business Analyst Intern must excel in an entrepreneurial and highly collaborative environment.
What our Business Analysts do:
- Work with project managers and other business analysts to identify and document trading application issues and improvements.
- Assist with prioritizing projects and workflows for software development teams.
- Communicate effectively with all roles, ranging from developers and traders all the way to business owners.
- Assign traders to test features and ensure each company-wide launch is successful.
- Continuously liaise with traders and the tech team to promote the business value of proprietary software.
Key qualities in great candidates:
- Undergraduate Computer Science, CIS, Business, Engineering Degree, or Relevant Experience
- Self-starter and proactive problem solver
- Thrives with minimal direction to create effective business solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn and use new technologies
- Graduation date of December 2018 or May/June 2019 (All internships span 10 weeks over the summer)
Who we are:
Founded in 2002, Belvedere Trading is a leading proprietary trading firm that specializes in equity index and commodity derivatives. Belvedere Trading's employees act as market makers, ensuring liquidity by laying two-sided markets to help provide an orderly market place for the products we trade. We trade electronically from our headquarters in downtown Chicago and have traders on the floors of multiple exchanges. Our technology and trading experts collaborate to develop and continually enhance Belvedere's high-performance, low-latency proprietary technology. Belvedere is always looking for the best, brightest, and most motivated talent to help us in our continued success.
What we offer:
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads by Simplicity, Belvedere Trading places a great emphasis on an employees' overall well-being. We offer a casual work environment that promotes innovation and creativity. Our employees' health is important, so we provide full benefits and a robust wellness program including: in-office yoga, health seminars, and discounted gym memberships. Belvedere also recognizes the positive effects of a strong work-life balance by having an unlimited, paid time off policy. Most importantly, Team Belvedere likes to have fun, both inside and outside the office walls!
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
- All candidates must have GPA listed on their resumes
- It is recommended that candidates apply to only one of our 2018 Summer Intern Roles: Trader Trainee Intern, Hybrid Trader Trainee Intern, Software Engineer Intern, or Business Analyst Intern. Please apply for the role that most interests you and best fits your skill-set. If we believe you are better suited for a different role at Belvedere Trading, we will let you know!