Software Engineer at Belvedere Trading
Belvedere Trading is looking for pragmatic Software Engineers interested in developing innovative, high-performance, proprietary trading systems. Our Software Engineers participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, from design to testing to deployment. Successful candidates are detail oriented, excellent problem-solvers who thrive in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment.
What our Software Engineers do:
Our Software Engineers develop and enhance our proprietary trading software platform that our traders use every day. We work in a collaborative team environment which encourages constant learning and innovation from all levels of the company. At Belvedere, you work with the best, learn with the best, and create the best proprietary software imaginable.
More specifically, our Software Engineers:
- Design, implement, and debug complex trading applications
- Partner with team members to ensure that our software meets requirements and is testable
- Communicate with project managers and team leadership for work strategies
Key qualities in great candidates:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Strong experience with an object-oriented programming language such as C++, C#, or Java
- Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Desire to continuously learn in a team environment
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Graduation date of December 2017 or May/June 2018 (start date of summer 2018)
- Extra credit: Experience with .NET and/or the financial industry!
Who we are:
Founded in 2002, Belvedere Trading is a leading proprietary trading firm that specializes in equity index and commodity derivatives. Belvedere Trading’s employees act as market makers, ensuring liquidity by laying two-sided markets to help provide an orderly market place for the products we trade. We trade electronically from our headquarters in downtown Chicago and have traders on the floors of multiple exchanges. Our technology and trading experts collaborate to develop and continually enhance Belvedere’s high-performance, low-latency proprietary technology. Belvedere is always looking for the best, brightest, and most motivated talent to help us in our continued success.
What we offer:
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads by Simplicity, Belvedere Trading places a great emphasis on an employee’s overall well-being. We offer a casual work environment that promotes innovation and creativity. Our employees’ health is important, so we provide full benefits and a robust wellness program including: in-office yoga, health seminars, and discounted gym memberships. Belvedere also recognizes the positive effects of a strong work-life balance by having an unlimited, paid time off policy. Most importantly, Team Belvedere likes to have fun, both inside and outside the office walls!
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
- All candidates must have GPA listed on their resumes
- It is recommended that candidates apply to only one of our 2018 Full-Time Roles: Trader Trainee, Hybrid Trader Trainee, Software Engineer, or Business Analyst. Please apply for the role that most interests you and best fits your skill-set. If we believe you are better suited for a different role at Belvedere Trading, we will let you know during the interview process.