|Title:||Software Engineer Intern (Summer 2019)|
Software Engineer Intern at Belvedere Trading
Belvedere Trading is looking for pragmatic Software Engineer Interns interested in developing innovative, high-performance, proprietary trading systems. Our Software Engineer Interns participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, from design to testing to deployment. Successful candidates are detail oriented, excellent problem-solvers who thrive in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment.
What our Software Engineers do
Our Software Engineers Interns develop and enhance our proprietary trading software platform that our traders use every day. We work in a collaborative team environment which encourages constant learning and innovation from all levels of the company. At Belvedere, you work with the best, learn with the best, and create the best proprietary software imaginable.
More specifically, our Software Engineers Interns
- Design, implement, and debug complex trading applications
- Partner with team members to ensure that our software meets requirements and is testable
- Communicate with project managers and team leadership to develop work strategies
Key qualities in great candidates
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Strong experience with an object-oriented programming language such as C++, C#, or Java
- Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Desire to continuously learn in a team environment
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Graduation date of December 2019 or May/June 2020 (internship start date of early summer 2019)
- All internships span 10 weeks over the summer
- Extra credit: Experience with .NET and/or the financial industry!
- Regular on-site attendance is an essential function of this position
Who we are
Belvedere Trading is its core values:
- We strive for excellence as a team and individually (Team Belvedere) and expect merit based responsibilities and compensation (Me in Team)
- We value innovation delivered incrementally (Iterative Innovation) and expect all to act like owners (Own it)
- We communicate passionately and with compassion to reach the best solutions (Passionate Discourse)
These values help guide us as a firm and as individuals. We are excited to bring those who have similar beliefs to join our family.
What we offer
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads by Simplicity, Belvedere Trading places a great emphasis on an employee’s overall well-being. We offer a casual work environment that promotes innovation and creativity. Our employees’ health is important, so we provide full benefits and a robust wellness program including: in-office yoga, health seminars, and discounted gym memberships. Belvedere also recognizes the positive effects of a strong work-life balance by having an unlimited, paid time off policy. Most importantly, Team Belvedere likes to have fun, both inside and outside the office walls!
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
- All candidates must have GPA listed on their resumes
- It is recommended that candidates apply to only one of our 2019 Internships: Trader Trainee Intern, Hybrid Trader Trainee Intern, Software Engineer Intern, Product Analyst Intern, or FPGA Developer Intern.
- Please apply for the role that most interests you and best fits your skill-set. If we believe you are better suited for a different role at Belvedere Trading, we will let you know during the interview process.