|Title:||Business Intelligence Intern (Summer 2019)|
Business Intelligence Intern at Belvedere Trading
Belvedere is looking for someone that is passionate about data and wants to make meaningful contributions to Belvedere’s data world in the Summer of 2019. You will have the opportunity to work with end users to develop dashboards and analyses, and help ensure the availability, breadth, and reliability of data that Belvedere uses to continuously make better technical and trading decisions. You will also be challenged to pick up industry knowledge and new technical skills.
You will need to be ready to help solve some of the hardest problems in a team environment, incrementally adapt to change in technologies and business requirements, voice your opinions in a constructive manner and hear other opinions out in-kind, and balance ideal state analyses with on-going delivery.
What you’ll do
- Plan and implement analytical projects
- Work with stakeholders to iterate through analyses and derive new insights and recommendations
- Provide structured and high-quality content, summarizing trends, and flagging underlying drivers
- Collaborate with other data team members and technology teams to identify and address data gaps or inconsistencies
- Ensure reliable availability, integrity, and quality of data through automation
- Design, build, maintain, and enhance data models/structures in support of Belvedere’s analytical needs
- Ad hoc querying and data analysis
What you’ll need
- Undergraduate Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, Math Degree, or Relevant Experience
- Relevant coursework or prior experience in field of data analytics
- Proficiency with SQL and Excel (other analytical platforms/languages)
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn and use new technologies
- Proficiency with scripting language(s) (ex. Python, Powershell, etc)
- Excellent problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with data visualization tool(s) a plus
- Graduation date of December 2019 or May/June 2020
- All internships span 10 weeks over the summer
- Regular on-site attendance is an essential function of this position
Who we are
Belvedere Trading is its core values:
- We strive for excellence as a team and individually (Team Belvedere) and expect merit based responsibilities and compensation (Me in Team)
- We value innovation delivered incrementally (Iterative Innovation) and expect all to act like owners (Own it)
- We communicate passionately and with compassion to reach the best solutions (Passionate Discourse)
These values help guide us as a firm and as individuals. We are excited to bring those who have similar beliefs to join our family.
What we offer
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads by Simplicity, Belvedere Trading places a great emphasis on an employee’s overall well-being. We offer a casual work environment that promotes innovation and creativity. Our employees’ health is important, so we provide full benefits and a robust wellness program including: in-office yoga, health seminars, and discounted gym memberships. Belvedere also recognizes the positive effects of a strong work-life balance by having an unlimited, paid time off policy. Most importantly, Team Belvedere likes to have fun, both inside and outside the office walls!
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
- All candidates must have GPA listed on their resumes
- It is recommended that candidates apply to only one of our 2019 Summer Intern Roles: Trader Trainee Intern, Hybrid Trader Trainee Intern, Software Engineer Intern, Product Analyst Intern, Business Intelligence Intern, or FPGA Developer Intern
- Please apply for the role that most interests you and best fits your skill-set. If we believe you are better suited for a different role at Belvedere Trading, we will let you know!