|Title:||FPGA Developer Intern (Summer 2019)|
FPGA Developer Intern at Belvedere Trading
Belvedere Trading is looking for an FPGA Developer Intern to provide engineering support to our hardware team and assist with projects that will optimize our option market marking systems. Successful candidates will have a strong interest in FPGA development, possess excellent problem-solving abilities, possess a can do/self-driven attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment. VHDL development experience is preferred although not required.
The ideal candidate is a creative thinker who has had previous experience developing network/ethernet applications. Any experience with hardware/software systems communicating over PCIe is also desirable. A test-driven development ethos is strongly encouraged and valued. At Belvedere, you work with the best, learn with the best, and create the best software we can imagine.
What you’ll do
- Coordinate with project managers and team leadership to plan work
- Apply technical skills in new and innovative ways
- Help to continuously improve team productivity, code quality, tool and technology adoption
- Create new features and help improve existing experiences
- Share ideas, experience, and knowledge with other members of the team
- Participate in code reviews
- Architect, develop and test a real application that will be used in a Belvedere trading system
What you’ll need
- Undergraduate classes in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced, mission-critical environment
- Careful attention to detail, and the vision and skill to push beyond expectations
- Graduation date of December 2019 or May/June 2020
- All internships span 10 weeks over the summer
- Extra credit: Experience with FPGA, VHDL, PCIe, Ethernet
- Regular on-site attendance is an essential function of this position
Desired Technical Requirements
- VHDL, Verilog preferred and/or willingness to learn
- C/C++, Python and scripting languages are always beneficial
Who we are:
Belvedere Trading is its core values:
- We strive for excellence as a team and individually (Team Belvedere) and expect merit based responsibilities and compensation (Me in Team)
- We value innovation delivered incrementally (Iterative Innovation) and expect all to act like owners (Own it)
- We communicate passionately and with compassion to reach the best solutions (Passionate Discourse)
These values help guide us as a firm and as individuals. We are excited to bring those who have similar beliefs to join our family.
What we offer:
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads by Symplicity, Belvedere Trading places a great emphasis on an employees’ overall well-being. We offer a casual work environment that promotes innovation and creativity. Our employees’ health is important, so we provide full benefits and a robust wellness program including: in-office yoga, health seminars, and discounted gym memberships. Belvedere also recognizes the positive effects of a strong work-life balance by having an unlimited, paid time off policy. Most importantly, Team Belvedere likes to have fun, both inside and outside the office walls!
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
- All candidates must have GPA listed on their resumes
- It is recommended that candidates apply to only one of our 2019 Summer Intern Roles: FPGA Developer Intern, Trader Trainee Intern, Hybrid Trader Trainee Intern, Software Engineer Intern, or Product Analyst Intern.
- Please apply for the role that most interest you and best fits your skill-set. If we believe you are better suited for a different role at Belvedere Trading, we will let you know during the interview process.