|Title:||Hybrid Trader Trainee Intern (Summer 2019)|
Hybrid Trader Trainee Intern at Belvedere Trading
Belvedere Trading is looking for highly motivated individuals who are interested in gaining broad exposure to the financial markets and proprietary software through a challenging and comprehensive rotational program as a Hybrid Trader Trainee Intern. This unique program consists of a hands-on rotation between Belvedere’s trading desks and development teams. On the trading desk, Hybrids are exposed to the fast-paced, high-risk high reward, world of options market making. On the development teams, they learn best practices in design, collaborate to create innovative solutions, and implement the most sophisticated technologies. Belvedere's hybrid rotational program is the perfect place for the highly quantitative and competitive individual who wants to build a broad base of skills for a successful tenure in the financial industry. As a Hybrid Trader Trainee Intern, you have a unique experience at the forefront of technology immersion within the trading industry.
What our Hybrid Trader Trainee Interns do:
Our Hybrid Trader Trainee Interns are assigned to specific tech and trading desks during their 10 weeks at Belvedere. Individuals are expected to quickly learn the critical aspects of option pricing both in terms of risk and how our technology works. Throughout the rotational period, we work with our Hybrid Trader Trainee Interns to customize their experience.
More specifically, our Hybrid Trader Trainee Interns:
- Engage in continuous, hands-on training that includes education on option valuation, game theory, hedging, portfolio analysis, and simulated trading games
- Assist with order execution, position management, desk strategy meetings, trade checking and trade reconciliations
- Focus on quantitative aspects like data analysis and back-testing trading strategies
- Communicate with technology team members to enhance trading software
- Learn basics of design, implementing and testing enterprise software
- Develop strong architecture and development skills
- Lead and participate in special projects that enhance trader facing technologies
Key qualities in great candidates:
- Effective communication skills and a team-oriented attitude
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated participation in strategic competitive activities
- Training or demonstrated ability to learn language such as C++, C#, and Python
- Knowledge of the financial markets and trading industry is a plus, but not a prerequisite
- Graduation date of December 2019 or May/June 2020 (internship start date of early summer 2019)
- Regular on-site attendance is an essential function of this position
Who we are:
Belvedere Trading is its core values:
- We strive for excellence as a team and individually (Team Belvedere) and expect merit based responsibilities and compensation (Me in Team)
- We value innovation delivered incrementally (Iterative Innovation) and expect all to act like owners (Own it)
- We communicate passionately and with compassion to reach the best solutions (Passionate Discourse)
These values help guide us as a firm and as individuals. We are excited to bring those who have similar beliefs to join our family.
What we offer:
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads by Simplicity, Belvedere Trading places a great emphasis on an employee’s overall well-being. We offer a casual work environment that promotes innovation and creativity. Our employees’ health is important, so we provide full benefits and a robust wellness program including: in-office yoga, health seminars, and discounted gym memberships. Belvedere also recognizes the positive effects of a strong work-life balance by having an unlimited, paid time off policy. Most importantly, Team Belvedere likes to have fun, both inside and outside the office walls!
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
- All candidates must have GPA listed on their resumes
- It is recommended that candidates apply to only one of our 2018 Internship Roles: Trader Trainee Intern, Hybrid Trader Trainee Intern, Software Engineer Intern, Product Analyst Intern, or FPGA Developer Intern
- Please apply for the role that most interests you and best fits your skill-set. If we believe you are better suited for a different role at Belvedere Trading, we will let you know during the interview process!